We love empowering parents, mentors, educators, and students with cyber safety facts so that they can make informed choices about how they and their families can thrive in our digital world. Our in-person student presentations are second to none. In order to travel to your community and deliver this amazing content, here are the terms and conditions that all bookings are subject to.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before booking an in-person seminar.
- Except as otherwise provided all monetary amounts referred to in this website are in CAD (Canadian Dollars).
- The total compensation includes the speaking fee, travel, and taxes.
- The total Speaking Fee does not include any travel expenses. All expenses for the Service Provider’s travel are the responsibility of the Hiring Organization (unless otherwise agreed to by both parties in writing at time of booking).
- All Travel Expenses are to be arranged by Service Provider and billed directly to the hiring organization for payment via their own funds.
- Mileage to and from the event location is billed at 54 cents per kilometer AND/OR a coach class round trip air ticket to and from Hiring Organizations city if required will be calculated, invoiced, and paid prior to the event.
- In the case of the event requiring international travel the Service Provider shall book a business class ticket.
- The Compensation as stated in this Agreement does not include sales tax, or other applicable duties as may be required by law. Any sales tax and duties required by law will be charged to the Hiring Organization in addition to the Compensation.
- All bookings are subject to a $200 non-refundable deposit which is due in the form of a check or online payment to confirm your in-person seminar date. The remaining balance of the speaking fee + travel + tax is due 14 days prior to the event date (unless agreed to at time of booking by both parties in writing).
In-Person Event Cancellation Policies
- All cancellations are subject to the following terms:
- Cancellation up to 60 days prior to event – no charge for the Speaking Fee
- Cancellation between 1-3 weeks prior to event – 25% of the Speaking Fee
- Cancellation between 3 – 6 business days prior to event – 50% of the Speaking Fee
- Cancellation less than 72 hours prior to event – 75% of the Speaking Fee
- There is no refund of the Service Provider Deposit and it does not apply to the cancellation fee as it is stated herein
- Cancellation fees are based upon the gross compensation (speaking fee + travel + taxes) that was agreed upon.
- Cancellation fees must be paid within 10 business days of notice of cancellation or a $50 per day late fee is agreed to be paid by the hiring organization.
Lecture Materials and Printing
- Service Provider will provide the attendees with a copy of the presentation materials at the beginning of the presentation.
- The Hiring Organization will provide Service Provider with an estimate of attendees 7 days prior to event to ensure adequate material numbers are sent with speaker.
Ownership of Materials
- The Cyber SMART outline packet & presentation materials are intended for the sole purpose of giving to the attendees at the Service Provider’s presentation. It may not be copied, sold or given away for any other purpose without expressed written permission of the Service Provider.
- The hiring organization will provide the following:
- Projector and screen for laptop
- Wireless microphone for voice (if more than 35 attendees)
- The speaker’s computer must be within 20 feet of the most distant point where the Service Provider will be presenting.
- AC power within 6 feet of the speaker’s computer.
- The Service Provider will provide the following:
- Service Provider’s speaker will be using her own wireless remote presenter and will advance her own slides.
- Service Provider’s speaker will be using her own, personal, laptop with the presentation pre-loaded on it.
- Both VGA and HDMI dongle adapters for projector
- A Kensington Lock for Service Provider’s computer.
- Other A/V items of interest:
- Service Provider does not require an internet connection.
- Service Provider prefers laptop located on the stage (if applicable) and near the speaker.
- All podiums must be moved to either side of the stage. Speaker does not use a podium during presentation.
- Service Provider’s computer is Lenovo I7 laptop running Power Point 2016 software.
- Service Provider will not provide a digital version of the presentation in advance
- The Service Provider’s computer stays in the speaker’s possession at all times. It will not be given the night prior for setup and it will not be surrendered on the day of the event.
- Speaker is more than willing to work with your team on a tech/sound check, preferably thirty minutes before the Service Provider presents.
Limitation of Liability
- It is understood and agreed that the Service Provider will not be liable to the Hiring Organization, or any agent or associate of the Hiring Organization, for any mistake or error in judgment or for any act or omission done in good faith and believed to be within the scope of authority conferred or implied by our speaking agreement.